COOLANOWLE SWEET & SOUR CHICKEN WITH SPELT NOODLES
SERVES: 5-6 PEOPLE COOK TIME: 20 MINS
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the diced onion and garlic and sauté until softened.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook until the meat is completely white.
- Stir in the vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, sugar and tomato puree. Add the chicken stock and bring the liquid to the boil.
- Mix the cornflour in a mug with the cold water until dissolved. Pour into the sauce stirring constantly until the sauce thickens and boils.
- Add in the carrots, peppers, pineapple and chili.
- Reduce the heat, cover and allow the sauce to simmer for 5-10 mins.
- Fill another saucepan 2/3 full of boiling water. Add a pinch of salt and bring back to the boil.
- Add the noodles to the water and allow to cook for approx. 7 mins. Strain the noodles and serve with the sweet and sour chicken.