COOLANOWLE SLOW COOKED BEEF BRISKET
SERVES: 6 PEOPLE COOK TIME: 5 HOURS
All products are available in our store, click the product to order online or call into our store today!
- Preheat the oven to 180◦C Fan/ Gas mark 4.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan at a very high heat.
- Sear the meat in the saucepan completely browning the surface area of the meat.
- Remove the meat from the saucepan and place in a roasting tin or dish on top of the onion and garlic.
- Mix the remainder of ingredients in a bowl until fully combined.
- Pour the sauce mix over the brisket and cover the dish with the lid or tinfoil.
- Place in the oven on the middle shelf and cook for 1hour.
- Remove the lid and turn brisket. Spoon the sauce over the top of the meat. Cover, reduce the oven temperature to 160◦C/ gas mark 3 and cook for another two hours.
- Once again remove the lid, turn the meat and spoon the sauce over the meat, cover and cook for another 1 ½ hours.
- Remove the meat from the oven, turn the meat and spoon the sauce over it. Leave uncovered and cook for a final 30mins.
- Remove the meat from the dish and slice thinly. Serve hot or cold, drizzled with the sauce.
- Optional: pour the sauce and meat juices into a small pan and bring to the boil. Reduce to a medium temperature and simmer until the sauce thickens to a syrupy BBQ sauce consistency.