COOLANOWLE GINGER BISCUITS
SERVES: APPROX 10 COOKIES COOK TIME: 15 MINS
1. Preheat the oven to 170◦C fan or gas mark 5.
2. Lined two baking trays with grease proof paper.
3. Place the butter, sugar, fresh ginger and honey into a saucepan and melt over a low heat. Leave to cool.
4. In a bowl, sieve the flour, bicarbonate of soda and ground ginger together.
5. Stir the cooled sugar and butter mixture into the flour along with the egg yolk and mix together with a wooden spoon until it combines into a soft dough.
6. Roll the dough into small balls and place on the baking trays leaving approximately 3cm between each to allow for spreading.
7. Bake the biscuits for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
8. Allow to cool slightly on the trays before cooling further on a wire rack.