COOLANOWLE ORGANIC CHICKEN CURRY
SERVES: 4-5 PEOPLE COOK TIME: 20 MINS
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan on a high heat. Add the butter, diced onion and garlic and cook until the onion has softened slightly.
2. Dice the chicken and add it to the saucepan. Once the outside of the chicken pieces are completely white, add the curry powder and flour, stirring constantly to avoid sticking. Allow the flour to cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add the stock, stirring constantly to avoid a lumpy sauce. Stir in the chopped tomatoes and the mango chutney and bring the sauce back up to the boil.
4. Dice the red pepper and add it to the curry along with the carrot. Finally, stir in the sugar and reduce the pot to a medium heat.
5. Continue to simmer for 10-15 mins. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with rice or chips. Enjoy.