Coolanowle Crispy Roast Organic Chicken
1. Preheat the oven to 180◦C.
2. Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
3. Finely chop the garlic and the parsley and add to the melted butter.
4. Place the chicken into a roasting dish, breast side up. Using a pastry brush, brush the skin of the chicken with the melted garlic butter. Pour the remaining butter mixture over the chicken, cover with the roasting dish lid or tinfoil. Place the chicken into the oven. Cook for 2 hours. For the final 30 mins uncover the chicken to allow the skin to crisp up.
To make the Gravy:
- Remove the chicken from the roasting dish. Pour the juices from the chicken into a small saucepan, skim off visible fat and bring to the boil.
2. In a small bowl mix a heaped teaspoon of cornflour into ½ a cup of water. Add to the chicken juice, stirring constantly to avoid a lumpy gravy. Allow the gravy to thicken and bring it back up to the boil.