COOLANOWLE CHICKEN & MIXED BEAN CASSEROLE
SERVES: 4-5 PEOPLE COOK TIME: 1 HOUR
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan on a high heat. Add the diced onion and garlic and cook until the onion has softened slightly.
2. Slice the chorizo into circles and add them to the pan and fry until slightly browned.
3. Place the chicken thighs in the pan and fry for 2 minutes each side until they are beginning to brown. Stir in the chopped mushrooms, carrots and pepper.
4. Add the stock, the chopped tomatoes and the mixed beans and bring the sauce back up to the boil.
5. Chop the basil finely and add to the saucepan.
6. Reduce to a low heat, cover and allow to simmer for 40 minutes.
7. For a creamier sauce, add 150mls crème fraiche at this stage.
8. Season to taste.