COOLANOWLE BEEF STROGANOFF
SERVES: 4-5 PEOPLE COOK TIME: 20 MINS
1. Heat the oil and butter in a large saucepan on a high temperature. Slice the onions and finely chop the garlic. Add to the pan and cook until the onions soften slightly.
2. Slice the beef into thin strips. Add to the pan and cook until the beef is completely brown. Finely chop the thyme and add it to the beef.
3. Slice the mushrooms and add them to the pan. Allow them to cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add the stock to the saucepan and bring to the boil. Stir in the Dijon mustard.
5. Stir in the crème fraiche and sugar and reduce the heat of the pan to a low temperature. Cover and allow to cook for 15 to 20 mins. Season to taste.
6. Serve with mashed potato or rice.