SERVINGS: 12 PREP TIME:20 MINS COOK TIME: 20-25 MINS
- Preheat the oven to 190°C and prepare a bun tin lined with bun cases.
- In a bowl, sieve together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon. Stir in the oatmeal and walnuts.
- In another bowl cream together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs until the mixture is light and airy.
- Fold in the dry mixture little by little, combining it thoroughly. When no dry lumps are left, fold in the mashed bananas.
- Add some milk a little at a time until a soft dropping consistency is achieved. You may not need all of the milk.
- Spoon an even amount of the mixture into each bun case filling each approximately ¾ full.
- Place in a pre-heated oven for 20-25 mins or until golden brown and a skewer comes out of the bun clean.
- Remove from the tin and leave to cool on a wire rack.